Becoming A Candidate
Please contact the City Clerk at (904) 270-2400 ext. 30, or email@example.com if you have questions. We also recommend making an appointment with the City Clerk to discuss the election process as there have been legislative changes that will be in effect for the 2024 election.
You MUST be a FILED candidate before you can open a campaign bank
account, collect petitions, collect ANY contributions or make any expenditures.
What to File
1. Form DS-DE 9, Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository for Candidates
1. Shall be filed with the filing officer prior to opening the campaign account.
2. Is not effective until the campaign treasurer signs it and it is filed with the filing officer.
3. It is not considered filed upon mailing.
4. Shall be on file with the filing officer prior to the candidate accepting contributions or making any expenditures, or authorizing another to accept contributions or make expenditures on the person's behalf.
2. Form DS-DE 84 Statement of Candidate must be filed with the filing officer within ten (10) days after filing Form DS-DE 9. This form states that the candidate has received, read, and understands the requirements of Chapter 106, Fla..Stat. The execution and filing of the statement of candidate does not in and of itself create a presumption that any violation of Chapter 106, Fla. Stat., or Chapter 104, Fla. Stat., is a willful violation as defined in Section 106.37, Fla. Stat.
Qualifying Information- Qualifying Week is noon, June 10, 2024, through noon, June 14, 2024
The qualifying period is when you must finish the process to have your name placed on the ba. Qualifying papers will be accepted during the qualifying period at the City Clerk's Office. The City Clerk's Office may accept and hold qualifying papers submitted not earlier than 14 days prior to the beginning of the qualifying period to be processed and filed during the qualifying period.